We keep your private information private
We do everything we can to keep your private information really private. When you order something from us, of course you don’t want prying eyes who take off with your personal data. You’re right.
We do ask for information from you, so that we can help you as best as possible. You can read below what data we request and what we use it for. You can also see what your rights are, who has access to your data and how long we keep your data.
According to privacy legislation, we have to say what ‘legal grounds’ we have to use your data. We need information from you because of the contractual agreements between you and General Business Group, such as your purchase of a product or your right to warranty. This is the case with:
· Order & pre-order
· Return & Repair
· Exchange & secondhand
· Contact with our customerservice
· General Business Group Business
In addition, we can use your data in the case of ‘legitimate interest’. This means that we want to provide all our customers with the most optimal, personal service. We always think about your privacy. This is true for:
· Reviews & Customer satisfaction research
· Contact with our customerservice
· Visiting our General Business Group website
· Newsletter & e-mail
· Personal advise
· Social Media
· Security, WiFi & Cameras
We may also have a legal obligation to use your data, for example when we suspect fraud. And sometimes you have given us permission to use your data, such as when you sign up for the newsletter. We keep this neat.
1. We only pass on your data to other parties if this is really necessary for our services. This concerns these parties: delivery partners, suppliers or repairers, product support, payment partners, trade information agencies, IT service providers and parties that collect our reviews. After all, our delivery partner has to deliver your order to the correct address and it is nice if a repairman comes to your home to fix your refrigerator. And not accidentally standing on the doorstep of the neighbors with a working refrigerator. Parties such as data management platforms, media and advertising agencies and research agencies come into the picture as soon as we want to give you personal advice or show you targeted advertisements, for example based on your interest in certain products. In suspicious situations, we are obliged to share customer data with government authorities.
We store your data in various databases. We always use strict security measures. East west, best at home: that’s why your data is almost always stored within the European Union. In the exceptional case that customer data is transferred to countries outside the European Union, we ensure that your privacy remains protected in an appropriate manner. For a number of countries this is official . Some US parties have registered under the that provides adequate protection. Whether we work with official that have been specially prepared to guarantee your privacy.
We do not store and use your data for longer than necessary. We will then delete all data we have about you. Or do we use your data anonymously, because we need certain data for internal analyzes and reports, such as the value of your order.
Sounds simple, but how does that work in practice? We adhere to certain terms, after which we delete your data. Here they are:
· By default, we delete recorded telephone conversations after 30 days, unless we have a legal obligation to keep a conversation for longer.
· We delete inactive customer accounts after 7 years. After that period, we only use your data anonymously, for internal reports.
· The tax authorities require us to keep our administration with your invoice, payment and order details for 7 years. After that, we only use anonymous data for internal reports. You must also keep the invoices of your purchases well, for example when your warranty expires.
· If you have your product repaired or replaced by General Business Group, we will keep your report and contact details for 7 years. After that, we only use your data anonymously, for internal reports.
· If you have registered for the newsletter or have given permission to receive personalized messages, we will keep that permission for 5 years. Even if at some point you decide that you no longer wish to receive the newsletter or personalized messages, we will save the withdrawal of your request. We do not store the e-mails you receive from us for longer than 60 days. So you don’t have to worry about getting the same email from us more than once. After that period, we only use your data anonymously, for internal reports.
· We keep data that we use to prevent fraud for a very long time. Not nice, but necessary.
1. Of course you remain in control of your data. Would you like to have free access to your personal data and receive a copy? Or do you want to change, delete, limit use or adjust your e-mail wishes? No problem. You can do this yourself in your My General Business Group account. Or you let us know by post or e-mail. In this way you can also object to the use of your data for marketing purposes, the outcome of the credit check if you rent something from us or indicate that you think your privacy outweighs our interests. In that case, we will review the situation. Do you want us to transfer your data to another party? That too is possible. Send your request by post or e-mail and we’ll make it right.
It’s easy to unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can do this in your My General Business Group account or via the link at the bottom of the newsletter itself. And do you want no more cookies at all? You can also arrange that yourself. Read how to do this in our cookie statement.
We want to make sure that you really are you. Therefore, we may request additional information from you to establish your identity. We also do this for unclear requests.
2. Would you like us to forget and delete your data? Mail us to and we’ll make sure your data is deleted. Please note, your order data will also be deleted as well as your account at General Business Group.
1. For questions or complaints about your data and the protection of your privacy, you can contact General Business Group’s Data Protection Officer.
Writing: Robert Schumandomein 2, 6229 ES Maastricht, Attn. Data Protection Officer.
If you are not satisfied with how General Business Group handles your privacy, you can contact the privacy authority.
Unpack your package your way and view the product from all sides. Are you not happy with it? Then don’t do anything with it that you wouldn’t want someone else to have done before you with your purchase. If you do, you may get less money back for the product.